Internet security is a matter of concern for everyone that uses the internet. With this in mind, Symantec releases an annual report on threats to internet security, revealing which areas are the weakest. For the 2014 report, internet users see a rise in attacks on cyber security in some areas, while attacks in others lessened:
- Hacking accounted for 34% of all data breaches in 2013.
- These data breaches caused the loss of more than 10 million identities in one year.
- On average, 2,181,891 identities were lost per breach, a number that is up 261% from 2012.
- Adult Content Spam accounted for as much as 70% of all spam received.
- The number of bot-infected computers numbers in the millions.
- Email delivered malware accounted for 25% of all emails sent in 2013.
- Approximately 568,700 web attacks are blocked daily.