- Have your kids keep a journal of their travels. They can write down things they see, towns they go through, or just funny anecdotes from the ride.
- Play the alphabet game or keep track of license plates.
- Have them find cars of different colors until they can no longer find a unique color.
- Take odd side trips. Our country is full of fun roadside attractions including the flying saucer welcome station in South Carolina, Bedrock City in Arizona, and our very own Cadillac Ranch in Texas.
- Use this valuable family time to tell or share stories.
In addition, there are lots of apps available that are perfect for road trips, including scavenger apps and family games. And don’t forget to keep snacks and small prizes in the car that can be dispensed throughout the trip. Remember, road trips are a terrific time to create memories, but a distracted driver is never safe. With a little planning, you can keep the kids entertained and safe, which will make the trip even more enjoyable.
If you have any questions about your auto insurance coverage, or if you would like a free quote, feel free to contact us at Legacy Insurance Partners. We’ll do our best to get you a quick quote so you can get on the road for the fun stuff.